Thursday, February 23, 2012

2012 Mid-Winter Retreat

Alas, the 2012 Berean Bible Church Mid-Winter Retreat has finally come and gone. It took place this past weekend, and boy! what a good time! 

The Essence

It is always such a blessing to fellowship with saints, some that you see regularly and others whom you visit with once or twice a year. The time spent learning about God and his plan for man through rightly dividing His Word is such a beautiful privilege! The Title/Theme of the conference this year was Evangelism. What I love about conferences and sermons is that you go in with your preconceived ideas and leave with new understandings!!!
Probably one of my favorite parts of the conference (if it is possible to have a favorite part) each year is the Timothy Session. It's about two hours or so of time in which young men give short messages on a certain topic. The topic this year was Leadership. Five guys spoke, each on a different Bible leader of his choice: Solomon, "Nobody" (a.k.a. Abraham's faithful servant in Genesis 24), David, Elijah, and Joseph (Genesis). These messages are so wonderful because, not only do I get to learn more about God's plan but it is great to see young men who are able and willing to learn and teach God's Word. 

The messages throughout the rest of the conference were very inspiring as well. I learned so much and am anxious to get into the Bible and study so that I may be fully equipt to share the gospel of salvation! I wish I could just share all my notes and excitement with you but I think it would be better if I just directed you to the messages so that you may listen to them for yourself:

Conference Messages

Another wonderful part of the conference is what has officially been titled, "Singspiration." Every Saturday night after dinner everyone gathers together to sing and play hymns and other spiritual/Christian music!!! This year I brought my violin and guitar and also my voice of course. Sadly all of the passionate singing from the night before (when a bunch of the saints had a little, impromptu singspiration) took a tol on my vocal chords and my throat is still in pain, even to this day! I am quite envious of people who never tire (physically) of singing. By the end of Saturday night my violin was my voice and so I really got a much needed practice! ;)
There were a few of us "die-hard" musicians that gathered up our instruments on Sunday and played the afternoon away as well! It was so much fun to have so much talent and love for music in one place!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend:

Friends From the Conference!

The Conference Room on Saturday


Friends... heading out to eat.

What a bunch of Crazy People, right?! =D

The 'adult' table. ;)



This is the only picture I have from "Singspiration"
As you see it was quite an enjoyable time! ;) ....like I said above, I only have one picture from "Singspiration", but that is because I took a bunch of video!!! =D Even better right?!
You can watch the videos by clicking on the link below:

 Videos of Singspiration

Here are a few pictures from Sunday:

After the last message on Sunday morning.

My friend Rachel and I... next to the lovely flowers of course!

A young man from my church, Wesley, happens to be naturally talented at arranging flowers and as a musician as well (the numbers are for the hymns he played on the piano for the congregation to sing along to)!

Here's the front of the church.... and the bouquets.

Fellowship Dinner/ Potluck in the Basement.

Another shot of the Basement.

A few folks gathered upstairs to eat their dinner.

Visiting after church.

The "Die-Hard" Musicians on Sunday afternoon.

Anyhoooo... what a fabulous time, indeed! Who knows what next year will bring?!
That is all I have for now.

Until Next Time,
Mary Ellen

No comments: