Saturday, December 31, 2011

Weather or Not, Happy End of 2011

It never fails. When something fun is supposed to happen or it's a time to celebrate... maybe a holiday or the like, there is something bad going on. Like tonight it's the weather. Freezing rain, then snow, then 50 mph gusts of wind. I was going to go to a church party but instead I'm going to watch a movie with the family at home. That can be equally as fun but it is still rather disappointing to have plans changed. 

Nevertheless, it is New Year's Eve. The end of another year. I can't even remember what happened this year. It seems like a month has past since Christmas. I think that with all of the change and unexpected occurrences I've experienced in the past three years nothing will shock me anymore. Maybe it's like a catastrophe callus? 
Sadly though, I have no doubt that my "ability" to forget the unpleasant past will likely leave me vulnerable to many more troubles.

Therefore, I truly hope that you are having a wonderful New Years Eve, eagerly awaiting the adventures of 2012. One must be hopeful... and dream for peace and happiness. 

And so with that, I am off to watch a movie with my extraordinarily wonderful family.

For Auld Lang Syne (times long past) my dear.

No comments: