Thursday, December 1, 2011

That Fluffy White Stuff

The first of December has rolled around once again. Every morning when I wake up, I peep through my bedroom curtains to see what kind of weather the day brings, and this morning I was delighted to see a thin white blanked covering the earth. It is only appropriate that it should snow on the first of December! Not that I'm extra excited for Winter to come but seeing that it is not to be stopped I figure I might as well get used to it, right? 

 (My silly Elf picture)

Besides, winter isn't so bad in December. It is quite festive and exciting when the towns are lit up with beautiful displays of Christmas decor and the snow just completes the jolly spirit. It would be nice if it all melted sometime after January.... and the rest of the year was a warm summer, but, this is the Midwest after all. We might as well enjoy the "white Christmas" most other people can only dream about. 

I've been listening to Christmas music all day... some good old Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby and Vince Gauraldi.You just can't beat jazz. ;)

I turn on my Christmas lights every night now. It makes the Abode look like a gingerbread house from outside. It's rather cheery!

....and then there is always this Julian Smith video that always makes me laugh:


Anyways.... I am off to milk the cows. =) 
Happy December!
Be jolly everyone!

No comments: