Friday, December 23, 2011

365

This is officially my 365th blog post. It's weird to think that if I had blogged everyday from the day I started blogging, I would have already reached this number years ago. Nevertheless I feel like I've blogged a million times! Most of the people I started blogging with have long since disappeared from the Blogspot realm. It has been quite a journey. 

Today, is my Christmas Eve, simply because we are celebrating Christmas tomorrow. We decided that we weren't going to skip church for Christmas. Honestly, for me it will truly and simply be a day to enjoy with my family. This is very good but it doesn't feel quite like Christmas. Not without the lights glowing from the tree that create a gingerbread house effect. We haven't had snow for the past two weeks we haven't had snow and that certainly doesn't help either. Thankfully, today, we received an inch!!! I hope it stays for a few days so that we won't have to dream of a white Christmas. =) 

In years past we've had a tree and presents and ....well the whole big deal (minus Santa Cause, mistletoe, reindeer, etc.). But this year, our tree sits out in the cold, waiting to be placed on a stand. I somehow feel that it will find it's way off the porch and into the it's regular resting place (the burn pile) without ever entering our house. We have decided to take a step back from our regular 'traditions' to evaluate just exactly what Christmas is. There is a lot of conflict out there as to the real meaning of Christmas. Not only is the whole Christmas tradition taken from pagan traditions (that I know of), but Jesus Christ wasn't even born in December! He was born sometime around September. Therefore this year we are going to determine, for what purpose do we celebrate the way we have been celebrating and whether or not we should make some changes. I'm looking forward to what we will discover.

Anyways, that's enough sap for one post. ;)

P.S. In celebration of my 365th blog post, click 'here' to read my first ever blog post. ....it's not that exciting. ;)
here

No comments: