Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lately

It has been about a month since I have posted last. Quite unusual really, but I confess I have been attempting to juggle so much that I just haven't managed to blog.
The weather is cold, the trees are looking grey and scraggly, and we've already had two snow falls.
I have been in a very creative mood. I've been writing poems and songs quite a bit lately. I have started playing my violin again... and that is slightly terrifying endeavor since there is no way to sugar coat the fact that I haven't practiced in ages. I sounds like I haven't practiced in a while. Nevertheless I enjoy the challenge! I am also starting to practice/learn the harp. I am borrowing my sister Emily's lever harp since she doesn't have time to play it at this point in her life. The harp is so beautiful.... and unlike the violin you don't have to work very hard to make it sound angelic. The challenge is the fingering. It's like a small piano that somebody propped up on it's side and it is a strange feeling when you're used to a piano!!

Other than that life is pretty much the same as always. Strangely enough I am rather excited and motivated lately. I don't know what's gotten into me, but I'm not going to complain. ;) 
I am excited for the next couple of weeks. My Grammy from Ohio is coming on Friday and Thanksgiving is coming right up!!! Who doesn't love Thanksgiving? This year is going to be really great because we have a two day feast! It is going to be swell (pun intended)! =D

P.S. I'm horrified (as I am every year) that the radio stations are already playing Christmas music, therefore I'm writing a humorous Thanksgiving parody of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". ....we'll see how it turns out. ;)

 *the second snow*

No comments: