Sunday, October 11, 2009

Canning and Henry Drummond

Gee.... it's been a while.
But life is so busy that I haven't had much time for the computer. I guess that's a good thing, huh? :P
It snowed on Saturday morning. Of course it was gone as soon as the sun came up but that means, no more tomatoes. Which also means no more canning. YAY!
I think my mom and I have been canning things for the last two months straight! Luckily we had my Grammy, Jacqui (who made some of the best salsa ever that we also canned) and Emily help us now and then, which made things go much easier.
Our basement shelves look very pretty now with all the different jars of home grown canned goods, and it makes me feel very resourceful and prudent. Kind of like the Proverbs 31 woman. She is truly what every woman should aspire to be.
But... enough of that canning stuff. ;)
Now that the busy harvest season is over with, I have so many things I want to do. Some of them are just for fun and others are more of a necessity... so I am learning to prioritize and organize my time. *sigh* ...no I can't always do everything I want to. Shucks.
And life goes on. lol
If you don't want to be left behind in misery and self pity you have to keep busy I guess. That reminds me of a good quote by Henry Drummond;
"Unless a man undertakes more than he possibly can do, he will never do all he can do."
He has a number of interesting quotes... and these days you can have all the information at your fingers tips and the click of a mouse. So there are no excuses: you should check Henry Drummond's quotes out. And who knows? you may be inspired. =)
Well... I uploaded a 30 day trial of Finale Note Pad 2010 (which is SOOO awesome btw) and I have a number of things I want to do with it before the trial ends so I'd better get busy.
Until next time... (and as Richard Jordan always says) maranatha.

No comments: