Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Where have I been?

How is it already December? Worse yet, how have I missed blogging for most of the year?! I guess blogging is on the back burner when you're married and have a baby to care for. Not to mention all the craziness that's occurred this year. Living in Brodhead, WI in a camper while my husband worked on a job from May to August. Then house hunting, putting in three offers to purchase and having them all fall through.... only to find the most perfect 20 acre parcel of land to buy! Which we did.... with the help of our friendly, neighborhood banker. All resulting in moving out of our apartment and into my parents house. Perhaps that's why I'm drawn to blogging. Just being in the home where I grew up brings back old habits, routines and memories. Blogging has been a big part of my life. Why stop now?

But yeah, that's the big news of the day. Moving back in with the family. It's strange, and cool all at the same time. We have one room all to ourselves.... 13'x13'. It used to be the boys room, so you can imagine all the dust, dirt and boogers we had to scrub off the walls. Once cleaned and repaired we painted it a light, lovely color of pale, warm yellow with a milk white for the ceiling and trim. We managed to squeeze a futon bed, a bookshelf with a TV on top, two dressers, a recliner chair and Wright's pack-n-play that he sleeps in. Not bad for one little bedroom. Thankfully there's a closet to store our odds and ends in!

Anyway, now it's the Christmas season and I've been enjoying listening to the Christmas tunes and decorating the house with my sister Janelle! We have a good time together now. :)

No comments: