Thursday, May 17, 2018

Comical Like Calvin

Perhaps all this time I have to "sit around" and recover had left me with too much time to think... but as I've been nursing and caring for my son it's dawned on me that his facial expressions are just like my favorite comic strip character, Calvin, from Calvin & Hobbs.

Here's what I mean...

For instance, sometimes at night I'll nurse Wright while laying down. When it comes time to burp him I'm too tired/lazy to sit up so I prop him up on my big squishy belly (I guess that's one perk to having a flabby after-birth belly.... it's like a big water bed for the baby to lay on). He looks something like this:



(this is also a good likeness of myself when Mr. Wright won't sleep at night lol)



And then there's the nights where he's wide awake! Bright eyed and bushy tailed! He always has that cute little look on his face like, "What? I'm innocent!" ...as Mom and Dad are trying to figure out why, after three hours, he's still not sleepy!



I love how when he is sleeping he'll do funny things with his hands like the picture below, and you're like, "Hey, kid! Take it easy or you're gonna scratch your eyeballs out!" Babies have such sharp little nails, too! Yikes...



 This is what happens when we take off his clothes or change his diaper (he has this funny little cry that resembles a donkey's he-haw)...



The craziest, cutest thing ever was the first time Wright laughed in his sleep. His little laugh startled me as I'd been looking away from him and I turned to see his closed, happy eyelids and a huge toothless smile. So precious...



Then there's nursing time. This is by far the most hilarious. When he hasn't had a sip in a while and feels like he's so, so hungry, he'll latch onto the breast with this little grumpy expression as he clutches my boob:



Then he'll close one eye and peep at me with the other. I call this his "one-eyed-Jack" expression:



Then he'll come unlatched and bobble his head around in search of the boob... all the while maintaining the one-eye-Jack face:



He doesn't always have a grumpy face to start off. Sometimes he's a cute little wide-mouthed mister:





When he's almost done with a feeding he'll often have such a sleepy face and I'm constantly having to tickle him to keep him awake enough to finish. I have to remind him that he's not supposed to fall asleep on the boob... even if it is comfy.



And then you get to burping time at the end of a hearty mother's-milk-meal and after a couple huge burps he'll get this worn out look on his face! So cute! Poor fella....





All-in-all he's a cute little dude and he makes Jeff and I laugh so much.


(don't worry... I fixed his head so it wasn't falling out! lol)

He's getting more and more alert too! It's so much fun to watch his bobbley little head checking out his curious new surroundings. We really can't get enough of him!!!



1 comment:

Diwakar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.