Monday, July 20, 2015

So much can happen in a moment.

I think that's the worst title ever. Rules.... Sentences aren't titles... and you should never start a sentence with "so". LOL but I'm feeling a bit worn out as there's been so much happening lately. This Summer has been busy, full and fun. Lots of work.... lots of play. I've been tubing with friends, taken road trips to visit friends... been to a Bible conference, and then I've put in a lot of hours at work to make up for all the fun. I can't complain. Even now the clock seems to be ticking the time away from me and I have so much to accomplish today. Therefore I will share a few photos that will give you a picture of the events that have occurred lately:

My friend, Kay Lee had a birthday so we made sure to celebrate with  lunch at Red Lobster, pedicures, tubing down a river and a movie!

 
 I've been learning how to use my big, new Canon camera... but till I get adjusted I keep my powershot handy. :)

 I went down to a Bible conference in Chicago with a bunch of friends! It was so much fun!!!

 Late night snacks at IHOP!!!


 Some of my wonderful friends....
 So my car broke down on the way home. A cop helped us out... we got a tow to a truck stop... where we waited for two hours till my dad could come pick up my car, and give us a ride home. Didn't get to bed till 2:30 AM!!!! =S


AND..... my cousin Julianne got married on Friday. Which also happened to be my Grammy's birthday. So it was a big celebration... and the wedding was planned in ONLY 48 hours, as the groom was visiting on leave from military and they decided to just get married!!

 My uncle, Julianne and my Grammy...

 Roman & Julianne

 My brother, Isaac, read some scriptures and spoke some words...

 My daddy did the marrying. :)

I was privileged with the responsibility of taking the photographs.... which proved to be tricky since we had a lot of evening sun and shadows.


I also had the opportunity of baking the cake.... with a little inspiration from a friend and the flowers they gave me to use, it turned out pretty nice for the short notice I had to prepare it and being that I'm not a professional cake baker. ;)

We'll see what the rest of the summer.... 

2 comments:

KD said...

That cake turned out awesome! Did it taste as good as it looked. ;)

Mary Ellen said...

Thank you, Kadee!!! Everyone said it tasted good... and it was gluten free to!! =)