Sunday, August 24, 2014

Missing Leela

I haven't posted in quite a while.... so, so much can happen in such a short amount of time. On August 7th my lovely, precious niece, Leela, went home to be with Jesus. We had one crazy week to plan and prepare for a funeral which was held on the 16th and then this past week my dad's family has been here on the farm for vacation. It was much needed fun and appreciated distraction.


Today we went to visit Leela's grave after church. I'd like to post more but due to an early wake-up tomorrow morning I am limited to a few words for the time being.

There's an ice bucket challenge going around on Facebook and I was nominated to participate in it.  Here's a video of my ice water challenge.

The challenge was actually started to raise awareness and funds for ALS, but I chose to donate towards The United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation. You can find out more about them at www.umdf.org or info@umdf.org. I dedicated my ice water challenge to Leela.

Since my dear friend Courtney doesn't have Facebook I'd like to nominate her on here to take part in the challenge! You have 24 hours to do this Court (from the time that you see this...)!!!!!!! =D

No comments: