Thursday, January 30, 2014

Update

We sent our computer to the shop and so we've been without technology for some time. It's been absolutely miserable. You don't realize how much you use the internet until you don't have it. Music, contacting people, recipes, ...and everything else under the sun that you might want to look into, understand or discover.
So here I am on my little laptop finally getting a chance to "see the world" again. What a pleasure!
As far as life has been otherwise, the work is still steady (I've been working more for the neighbor lately as he has taxes to get done), the winter is cold (I think we've set a record for the number of days where the high for the day was quite a bit below zero), and coffee is frequently consumed!
In the few spare moments that I have I've been reading the book "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell. It's quite fascinating so far, as I would expect from this author.
I enjoyed visits from numerous friends during the holiday season, and on January 22nd I turned 22 so it was fun celebrating my golden birthday. Everyone made it so much fun... I went out one day with my friends Kay Lee & Sandy (and of course baby Josie), and then some friends from church and my family surprised me on my birthday by bringing gingerbread cookies to frost/decorate and eat!! So yummy, and I was TOTALLY surprised... I had no idea what was going on even after they arrived!! Haha!! Then of course, my favorite tradition with my dad: breakfast at the Norske Nook. :) ....and last but not least I had an unofficially official birthday party up and my sister and brother-in-law's house! I am truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life and for all of the good times I have!!!

Anyways, It's crazy to think that January is already almost over. It's been a good month (in spite of the cold). Time flies when you're having fun. 
Until next time.....
Cheerio.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does "working for the neighbor more" mean 3 milkings per day is a common thing now?
I'm glad you had a special birthday!
We found a 400$ chainsaw in the dumpster the other day:).

Caleb S.

Mary Ellen said...

LOL, yeah this whole week I've milked 3 times a day.
Wow, that's really cool you guys found such a steal of a deal!! Must be quite exciting to find something so valuable. Reminds me of the verse Psalms 119:162.

Anonymous said...

Wow...that would make for a pretty busy day I'd imagine! Yes it is fun pulling something like that out of trash, I guess that's why we keep doing it:). Ah, now we have a dumpster diving theme verse...I knew there had to be one in scripture! Thnx for that:)
How long will it be before it warms up there?

Caleb S.