Friday, November 8, 2013

Why Friday Night Is The Best Night

If there's one thing that I get exciting about the weekend for, 
it's jazz.

Friday night is jazz night. At least on my local NPR station... and they broadcast jazz all night. When I finish up milking I quickly turn on the radio so that I don't miss a beat. After all, what's a swing parlor for without some swing?! ;) 
Apparently you can listen to jazz all the time at Stanford University's Riverwalk Jazz site. I think I'm going to start utilizing the channels they offer. 


Since we're on the jazz topic, I have to share with you this fabulous artist: George Lewis. I never liked the clarinet before I heard him play it (on YouTube of course). Now it's one of my favorite jazz instruments (or maybe George Lewis is typically considered to be a blues artist? ...but it's all the same to me). :) 


Anyways, Friday night jazz always adds a spark to my milking routine, and it's a highlight in my week. It's a good thing no one else is down there when I'm cleaning up the barn because they'd probably laugh at my silly dance moves or my attempt at the Charleston. I must say though, it's a great work out and it get's your heart nicely exercised! You gotta love late night jazz! ...or any jazz for that matter.

...until next Friday night, keep it up-beat, folks. :)

3 comments:

Court said...

Mary Ellen! I love jazz :) It's so soothing and relaxing.. the clip that yoplayed sounds like one that would be played in a coffee house! :) So exciting!! :D Life is just too good when you are listening to some smoothe jazz. :) Aint nothing like it! ;D Tehe! .. speaking of music.. I really like Josh Turner's music- lol his voice is pretty amazing! lol! Anyways! I' glad you are enjoying your jazz weekends! ;D

Court said...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEC8nqT6Rrk

This is one of my choice jazz musicians :) miles davis

Mary Ellen said...

Oh man!! Yes, I love Josh Turner! He has such an incredible voice! ...I don't know how he hits such low notes. :)
Hmmm.... I love the link! Miles Davis is awesome! I'm gonna explore more of his music!! =D