Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Zombie Apocalypse

So I was just browsing through the Word of God the other day and stumbled upon Isaiah 26.

Isaiah 26:19-21

19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

That sure sounds like zombies to me. Of course I'm not a Bible scholar and maybe there is something I'm missing about that exact passage. Maybe context would clear things up. Nevertheless, I do believe that men give themselves too much credit for coming up with ideas that really come from the Bible. Dragons, aliens, heavenly creatures, angels.... all of that stuff comes from the Bible. Like a friend of mine said in reference to the book of Ecclesiastes, "there's nothing new under the sun!"

My brother Channing made  a joke that those of us who are raptured and in heaven will have the controllers... just like X-box or Play Station. I don't think that's quite how it works, but it's an amusing concept. My brother Daniel was saying that he thinks that the news stations will try to cover up the rapture by calling it an alien invasion. But seriously.... where did people get the idea of aliens from anyways? Or the image you get of a aliens in their space ship in the clouds catching people up into the sky???  Hmmm... sounds like a take off of 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17. 


Anyways, that's my random thought for the day. I'm definitely going to read the whole book of Isaiah now!!

No comments: