Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Black Forest Cake

I like most any kind of cake. I'm not picky. ..but I especially like Black Forest "Cherry" Cake (a.k.a black forest cake). It's not only delicious but it's really quite fun to make! 

The frosting makes excellent walls to hold in the delicious cherries. :)

The center all prepared and ready for the second layer of cake.

It's a large Oreo!!!! 


I decided to try something new with the left-over cherry filling. I took a small zip-lock bag, cut a hole in one of the bottom corners and filled it with the oozy juice. Then I held the bag onto a frosting tip and it worked like a professional pastry bag... for a while. Towards the end it got a little messy but it served it's purpose. Unfortunately, the cherry sauce was a bit more fluid than regular icing and drizzled out of place a bit. =( 
It was, nevertheless, an enjoyable baking experience!

2 comments:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

Ahhhh!!! That looks so delicious~! :) :) :) Great work on it!! :)

Mary Ellen said...

Thanks girly!!!! It sure was delicious! ...I think I'm going to buy a real pastry bag next time though. ;) hehe