Sunday, January 22, 2012

20 Years On

Well, it's been two decades since that cold, dark morning in January when I was born. 5:25 a.m. to be exact and something like 30 degrees below zero on my day of birth! My poor parents. I would say that life goes by fast but I really feel pretty young. I wonder, do people feel younger as they get older or do they simply just realize how little they know the longer they live? 
20 years on..... 80 to go, I'd like to think. One has to plan to be around a while. That way you don't get disappointed when life isn't as short as you thought it'd be. 

Psalm 139:13-14
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

2 comments:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

Happy Birthday Mary Ellen~!! I know this is a little late but I hope you had a wonderful birthday and have a blessed new year being another year older~!

Mary Ellen said...

Thank you very much Courtney!!! =D It was a lovely birthday... and the celebrations seemed to stretch out all weekend so it was extra enjoyable!! I'm quite blessed indeed.