Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Beautiful Day

Fried green tomatoes for lunch, a banana smoothie on the side (full of healthy vitamins) and cup of coffee! What a combination! 

It's a beautiful, sunny, late summer day in the great North. Driving down the road through the country is amazing this time of year. Everybody's corn looks like a million bucks with all of the rain we've gotten. The cows are starting to freshen here on the farm. It seems like we have three new calves every three days. We've had a few cases of milk fever and mastitis. Right when you think everything has resumed to normal it get's crazy again. Life is good! The garden is starting to produce lots of wonderful veggies (and even some flowers.... my favorite part!). Canning is coming up soon. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it all at the same time. 

I have been spending some extra time playing music these days. I have my violin back from the shop... looking shiny and new! You can barely tell that it had a huge hole in it! It's fun to get back into play the violin. It's a big challenge since everything you do while playing matters. I'm also busy practicing piano for church. I play the hymns ever-other Sunday. I share the job with another girl from church. It's definitely a good motivation to keep practicing and improving my skills, but I'm also really thankful for it giving an excuse to build a better friendship between Rachel (the other pianist from church) and I. 

Anyway there is much to be done! TTYL!!!

1 comment:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

=] oo.. your lunch sure sounds like a treat! Sometime I'd like to try these fried green tomatoes. I'm sure they are grand.. because everyone talks of them as if they are!

I noticed that the corn looks AMAZING around these parts lately too. It has just been a good summer for that I suppose, which probably makes the farmers pretty happy. :)

Congratulations on all the new calves! I'm sure it's a lot of new work, but definitely going to be worth it.. you might have to buy some new duct tape with all of them ;)

You are starting to get veggies this time of year!? Wow! You are very fortunate! I think all of our veggies stopped last month or so.. but we are still buying from the farmers market. Mom bought like 20 peppers. I'm not really sure why she got so many! They are just sitting on the counter. :) I'm sure she has her reasons.

It's just under 2 weeks before I leave home! I can't believe it because it went so fast, but the closer it gets, the more ready I am to go to college. I have really fun classes this year, so I'm looking forward to that. :)

Neato! That's so awesome you got your violin fixed and back to working! I bet it looks great.. :) And it's always fun to get your instrument back that you haven't got to play in a while. INSPIRATION! =] tehe! I'm only going to have time for one more accordion lesson this summer.. and I'm not quite sure if I'll bring my accordion up with me to college. It might be an interference with my schooling.
:) That's nice you are playing the piano at church and being able to bond closer with Rachel, very cool! It's good to establish those kind of friendships sometimes. :)

Well! I wish you all the best in the upcoming weeks, and I'm hoping that if I'm lucky maybe I'll see you soon! :) I'm not quite sure how college schedule will be.. I'm guessing a little crazy. We'll talk soon! Until then, God bless and lots of love!