Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blogged

I do believe everyone has been very busy, as I have not noticed a new post on any of the blogs I follow for some time now. This is probably due to work. Work because the weather is lovely. Work because school is out. ...Work. 
On that topic, today was a very busy and productive one. I spent all afternoon (until it was barely light enough to see) weeding flower beds, transplanting and planting hosta, and planting a few new plants. My mom has decided that she wants a low maintenance garden so when she is older she has very little weeding to do. Therefore we are introducing ground-cover or low-lying, very hardy plants that can usually handle some foot traffic. 
My little garden in the back of the house is kind of helter-skelter but is growing very nicely. It is kind of the TLC garden (a.k.a tender, loving care). I plant new or unstable plants and help them develop into more mature plants.

Here's a picture of it a few weeks ago on May 9th. It has really boomed since then. I will try and take a picture of it now with all of it's lovely new greenery. =) Maybe I will even snap a few shots of the enchanting phlox. ;) ....anywho, after all of that hard work I am thoroughly exhausted. Time for some rest. I hope you are enjoying your Spring as much as I am. 

Until Next Time,
Mary Ellen

2 comments:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

I do believe everything is quite busy during this time of year! There's always lots of things to do when the weather is so beautiful! It is very awesome that you are spending time upkeeping your garden. :D They are definitely worth it because of the produce/appearance that is does to your yard (or to your stomach! ehe)! My brother and Amy spent all day working on his yard, and it looks so wonderful! The things a little work can do for a yard! ;)
Hope everything is going great!

Mary Ellen said...

Oh cool! That's so neat that your brother is into gardening and landscaping stuff. It really makes a difference on a piece of property. =D