Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sigh No More

Hello Fellow Blogger's,
It's been a while it seems since I've posted anything of real importance it seems. I blame my inconsistency on the fact that life has been busy in a very good way. Lately I've had some great opportunities to bond with some great gals. My dear friend Courtney came up at the spur-of-the-moment to check out a college in the area last week. I have also been able to get together with my dear friend Kacey numerous times in the last month. 
I wish everybody could meet Courtney and Kacey or be lucky enough to have friends who are as inspiring as they are. These ladies challenge me to get outside my comfort zone and really live for something. 
Courtney is like an anchor in a world of wicked waves. She's a good steady influence on me, always encouraging me to do the right thing and reminding me of God's marvelous love. She is confident and has a genuine joy and kindness that most people cannot express due to their insecurities in their own life. 
Kacey has an amazing way of looking at life and the world around us. A different perspective than most people. She's willing to challenge an idea and doesn't settle for a  mediocre explanation. It's people like her that keep our world from becoming a mundane place. I love sharing ideas with her because I know that I'm not going to get a typical conversation.
Friends are a part of life that I would not want to miss out on. 

Another exciting thing...
I love music but I have never been a CD/album collector. Most artists/musicians have a few great songs and the rest of their CD turns out to be disappointing. Just recently, however, I discovered an incredible band. They call themselves Mumford & Sons. They have the most interesting lyrics that have a very unique perspective and style.  On top of that their music is this amazing mix of folk, country and rock and it has this up-beat, melancholy sound. They are from England so naturally their accents are simply romantic. 
So, as you can tell, I fell in love with their music.... and therefore I decided to purchase their album, "Sigh No More". 
Let me tell you... it was worth all nine dollars.

Anyhow.... life is exciting! I'm really glad that it's starting to warm up and seem more like Spring. It's been getting down to 32 at night which is grand and next week the forecast is calling for highs in the 60's and 70's! I simply cannot wait for that! 

Until next time....
~Mary Ellen


3 comments:

Kacey said...

Ahhhhhhh! I love you girly!
You are so inspiring to me because of your joy in life and how anything I do with you is fun. From washing dishes and milking cows to getting all dressed up for the ball, not matter what you do you do with a smile! So inspiring!
Oh, and I also love your honesty! That conversation with Jessica was totally amazing. You are just so genuine and it encourages me to be real with you and everyone else.

Love you!

P.S. The music was not the only thing about Mumford and Sons that you fell in love with...
;)

Mary Ellen said...

Haha!!! Thanks girl! Yeah, it is always so much fun to chill with you that no matter what we're doing it's a good thing! ;)
I'm glad you, Jessica and I could have that conversation! I know it was good for me to vent a little but I also hope maybe it will help Jessica. Who knows?!?!?
One of the things I have learned lately that the simple truth is always the best.... so you might as well be honest with people. =D
Thanks for being my friend Kacey!

P.S. I think you're right! XD Have you seen those guys? Gorgeous!

~Courtney Jo~ said...

Aww Mary Ellen! You are so very sweet! I wish everyone could meet you too! Everyone's life would be made more awesome! :D tehe! You are such a caring person.. and I love the fact that you're up for exciting adventures.. :D Something new is always something fantastic! :) Thanks again for coming with me to check out the college (even with the potential of staying through a math class!) aha! :) You are awesome. :) Keep on that "rocky" narrow path. You are such a blessing, not only to me but to all the people around you. Also.. keep singing and strumming that guitar. I mean.. there are many ox songs that need to be sung! ehe! DON'T TAKE THE OX! :D
:) Love You!