Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Indian Summer

It is fall. You should see all the colors! Brilliant, yellows, golds, red, orange, brown, green!!! Gorgeous! 
This past weekend was Jae's wedding. She joked with me about the times we spent back in the day, talking about the guys we liked and wanted to marry. She was a beautiful bride.... and Nick was so handsome. I was honored to help out with the guest book and a bunch of other little things. The wedding was short n' sweet. The reception was nice and long.... barely long enough. lol ;) I danced a really lot and once again was sore for the next two days. hehe I love dancing so much and it was fun dancing with friends to good music. 
I met some people I'd heard about for years from Jae and Trenton.... which was strange because I felt like I already knew them from hearing about them so much. 

Now..... I'll have to wait for Robert (who's almost like a  big brother, I have known him so long!) and Alisha's wedding in June. With so many weddings in a row it's going to be weird to not have another one to look forward to in a month or so. Nevertheless.... there is always so much to do that I doubt I'll be lacking something to do. 

I'm doing some math with my brother to keep my skills sharp, and I've been reading a really lot which I love!!! There are so many good books out there. Lately I've been reading books by author Andy Andrews. He's a christian writer and his stories are absolutely fabulous... and so encouraging/inspiring! 
I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone. 

I also started piano lessons again today. I kind of took a brake this summer.... it was nice to not have to worry about getting music practiced with all of the business that took place. I'm only going to lessons every other week though... which will be good because I can never get all I am supposed to practice ready in a week. :P
 We'll see how it goes. =)

Anyways..........
This fall is a beautiful one. We had a very chilly week this past week and so far all of the days this week have been in the 60's/70's. It must be our Indian Summer! I hope it sticks around for a while, 'cause I'm not completely ready for the cold or the snow. =P 

So until next time.

1 comment:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

Yay! The post I've been waiting for! hehehe! :)

Isn't Fall just beautiful? I always admire the fields of nearby farmers. Their yards always look great! haha! :) There is dust flying around like crazy around here from all the farmers harvesting their crops and planting the winter wheat!

Sounds like Jae's wedding was fun! It's great that you got your dancing work out. :D Aw! Robert is getting married in June! It's just around the corner. What other big event is happening in summer.. oh yes it's our 2nd annual roadtrip to..... lol!

I'm going to have to call you and catch up with everything that has been going on!! :) I almost went to TN today, but we didn't end up going so my bag was all packed and I felt like saying "Well, the bags packed I have to go somewhere, mine as well go up to Osseo"! hehe!

There is going to be 3 parties next time I see you:
1) Sewing dress party
2) Math education party
3) Sledding party
:D ehehe! Lots of love Mary El!