Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm the Girl...

I'm the Girl....
k
I'm the girl across the room,
The one in bows and braids.
I look across
And Smile at you,
But your smile quickly fades.
K
I'm the girl who sits in back of you
To see where your eyes might lead,
Hoping that for one second
They might find me.
k
I'm the girl you didn't ask,
The one you're too good for.
Everytime I open a window,
You always close a door.
k
Times have changed
And time moves on.
k
Now you're the one,
The one who smiles from across the room,
The one who looks for my eyes to find his,
The one I didn't ask.
k
I'm sorry that you took so long,
So long to come around,
'Cause my heart is taken now
While yours is all torn down.
k
Maybe you should've noticed me
Back in our schoolhood days.
Or maybe God was just telling me
That He has better Ways.
k
So here I am,
k
The girl all dressed in white.
I say "I do" to someone else,
Someone else who saw me,
Someone else who smiled back,
Someone else who loves me,
Which is something you always lacked.
k
I'm not sorry
That you were so cruel to me.
God just used it
As a way
To provide what's best for me.

8 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Isn't that such an awesome poem?!! If you want to tell the chick who wrote it how much you like it, I found it on facebook. You have to go to the Christian Guys are Hotter Because... group and it's on the discussion board.


It's just soooo beautiful and TRUE!!! =D

Anonymous said...

That was totally wicked I just read it to Sarah and she loved it!!!!!!! YESS!!!!

kc said...

nice. love it. it's encouraging. ;)

Anonymous said...

kinda sad though isn't it?? lol. don't know, seemed sad to me.

Jae said...

Wow! I have to agree with Norah, that was rather sad, and depressing...

Mary Ellen said...

Really? You think so? Hmmmm... maybe. Maybe sad in that too bad he didn't figure it out a while longer, but why would it matter? If you were getting married you would be satisfied with the one man you have and you would be thanking all those other guys that never gave you the attention of time of day that you wanted.

Man I really ramble sometimes don't I! lol! =)

Anonymous said...

but if you're satisfied with your one guy that you're marrying, why are you writing a poem about all those others? lol

Mary Ellen said...

True. But I suppose you're never gonna forget those random dudes even if you only think of them every other decade.

And for all we know the person who wrote this was not a christian and part of her life was revenge?!! For some reason that makes me laugh though. haha!