Thursday, January 17, 2019

Congratulations Courtney and Kyle!!!

January is here without it's usual frosty ways. Just a week or so ago it was so warm that the family was out doors cleaning the lawn and the farm with nothing more than a light spring jacket! There's barely snow on the ground, just patches of ice from the rainy, misty days and a few mounds of snow from December. A very unusual January, indeed.

Just yesterday Jeff and I received the most wonderful phone call. My dear friend Courtney is engaged to be married to her now-fiance Kyle! We just spent this past weekend with them and it was so nice to see how well suited they were for each other. We'd only met Kyle once before exactly a year ago at a New Year's party and they were "just friends" at the time. My heart is overflowing with joy for them and I look forward to see what more God has in store for them as they build a life together!

It's also Courtney's birthday today! 26 years! We'll be the same age for less than a week. She's such a great friend and has stuck by me through the seasons of life! I'm thankful to God for her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwww thank you Mary Ellen. I may have read this 6 months later but I'm just as thankful. You're a wonderful friend. Cant wait to see you this weekend!!