Monday, May 9, 2016

So many things to say...

Hello and good evening! I'm up later than usual tonight as my phone storage is getting close to full so I must download pictures off of it to the computer. The process takes a bit of time so I thought I'd blog a bit.

I've had a longer work week than usual. Spring planting just finished today on the farm where I work. They started last Sunday (not yesterday but the Sunday before), and everyone's been working odd schedules and longer hours. I can't complain as the bigger paycheck will be nice. Still, I'm glad things will be going back to normal. I think the cows will be happier too. :)

The weather and landscape has really burst into new life since I blogged last! I keep going to my gardens to check the progress of the little plant shoots coming up. The hosta plants have really taken off and my ferns are starting to un-curl. They remind me of little dragons before the pop into their leafy shape. Unfortunately the goats ate my irises to the ground. They've continued growing and have made good progress but I don't think we'll be seeing any flowers this year. OH.... and did I mention the weeds?! So much chickweed. I know it has fantastic medicinal properties but I wish it would grow somewhere besides my flower gardens. *sigh*


Anyway, can you tell I'm excited about gardening?! I've barely been able to wait for Mother's Day because that's when the majority of the greenhouses start to open. It's tradition to go flower and plant shopping with my mom, sisters and Grammy. One of my favorite thing to do!

Well... I really should be working on writing an article for the newspaper. I've been so busy with work and life that I've missed getting an article submitted for the last two editions. I'd like to have one ready for the June edition. My dilemma is usually narrowing down my subjects of interest. There are so many good topics to write about, yet what can I actually portray well and cover accurately? So.... that's where I'm at right now.

It reminds me of a TED Talk I watched recently that perfectly describes my habit of putting off important things 'til the last second:




2 comments:

Court said...

Hello Mare,

It's so crazy your little goats decided to chomp up the world hehe but i suppose thats the price of nature :)
It's great to hear about your life- there's probably a proverb out there about good friends being a refreshing encouragement to the soul ;) haha that'd be you for sure! :)

I hope you have a super tastic day!!!

Mary Ellen said...

Aww, thanks Court! Yes, indeed I suppose goats were designed to eat a lot... even if it's my plants! ;)
I can't wait to see you this weekend and celebrate your super achievements! =D