Monday, January 4, 2016

Wintry Days



Somehow these wintry days remind me of the bliss of my youth. Not that I'm old ...but I've been a lot younger before. I speak of the days when I was in school, when I'd sit in my room and attempt to study History or Math without getting distracted by writing a poem, listening to music, writing a song or some other form of pleasurable pastime.

 

The beams of morning sun on a January morning strike a cord of reverie it seems. Ahhh..... the days when there was no real responsibility or work to make you timely and always headed out of the warmness of the house.



Apparently, the middle of January can be the most depressing time for a lot of people. The bills from the holiday expenditures are coming in the mail, the stratus clouds keeping the sunshine in hiding and lack of hope for Spring. Maybe those people don't work enough or have enough excitement in their lives? Because it doesn't get me down.



Winter is the time when the whole family gets trapped inside with each other. Just enough to drive everyone nuts at the same time as finally catching up on life. Now that it's too cold to do concrete work the guys are around all the time. It brings a bit of balance to the household and lively fun as well.



I don't like how much cold weather the forecast is predicting. The below zero temperatures aren't very pleasant. However, the sparkly snow is quite lovely. There's always a silver liner if you simply look around and observe the beauty life has to offer.

 

Anyways, I'm off to go do something enjoyable. I crocheted a pair of slippers yesterday as my feet were cold. Maybe today I'll paint a picture....

2 comments:

Court said...

:) I agree. I always like the beauty of January- perhaps it's because both of our birthdays are in January so it makes the month a little more exciting. We don't have to have the New Years let down happen to us. hehe. We are getting older though- so I guess we have to cherish every moment. I love your snowy sparkle pictures. They are so beautiful. :):) I can't wait to talk to you soon- We have lots to discuss. :) Love you!

Emily Elizabeth said...

Oh man I wish I could have you on my side of town. You make winter sound pleasurable and easy! I hate the cold but I'll admit keeping busy and positive does help the time fly. <3