Sunday, January 24, 2016

Birthday Surprises

This past Wednesday the birthday celebrations began. I met with my friends Sandy and Jae for a fun day of food, shopping and climbing a large hill overlooking the city! It was wonderful!



I had decided at the beginning of this month that I was getting too old for birthday parties and I didn't need to have any special attention on my birthday. I planned to let it pass like a normal day. Then on the 22nd, my birthday, I was able to spend the day skiing with a large group of friends! It all fell together so perfectly and unexpectedly.

Good friends from SoWis came up, and we carpooled together in their van up to the ski hill. A few other friends from my area met us on the slopes!

 With some of the group at the top of the "mountain". 

 My bros and I.

 The entire group of friends gathered for a picture at the end of the day.

They surprised me by putting a big birthday card on their van windows!!! It was very thoughtful!



We ended my birthday night with a little party of games and food. My sister Emily made cheesecake and lasagna!!! Then the next morning around 10:30, I was going about my morning routine when my very good friends Courtney and Chris (also from SoWis) surprised me with a visit.... and Dunkin' Donuts! I didn't think I'd get to see Courtney for a number of months due to our crazy schedules and  car problems. Chris had just returned home from a two year stay in Africa so it was an exciting visit.




We went out for food and beverages a few times. Visits with good friends are always too short. Oh, and did I mention... not only did my boss give me the day off but his wife made me a cake! She's a pro cake-baker so it was almost too pretty to eat.... but I'm glad we sliced in because it was the softest, most delicious cake I've ever had. It's been a birthday to remember and I feel quite lucky and blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.



No comments: