Sunday, September 7, 2014

One Month

Today marks one month since Leela passed away, as it is September 7th and she died on August 7th. It's been so busy since then. This whole summer has been like a jet stream. Things are finally becoming a little more normal. This week was the first when things were back to the usual routine. ...but we still miss Leela.

Summer is on the waning side, though I am not joining the popular anticipation of Fall. I'll be wearing my sundresses and flip-flops for as long as I can. It kind of makes me want to spend a lot of time outside soaking up as much vitamin D as the sunlight has to offer.


It's already harvest season. Tomatoes, green beans, plums, ...so much there is in abundance. We are blessed.

I'm headed to the neighbors to milk cows soon. I just  noticed last night that I've almost been working for him for a year. That's pretty cool!
I've had a lot to think about lately. My plate is so full that I'm going to have to start sorting my priorities and put some things on the back burner. God first..... Always. After that it's the squeakiest wheel that gets the grease.  :) Life is loaded with pleasures and pains. I'm just glad to be here to experience it all.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Court said...

Dear Mary,

I can relate so much with your post. I still am so very sorry for your loss of cute little Leela. I know that God has a plan for it in his big scheme and unfortunately- we haven't the eyes yet to see it.. but we can know that He is faithful and loves us.

Today I realized that God wants us to enjoy life though- it's so easy to get caught up in the crazy, horrible things that are going on - it can take us a while to get back to realizing the beauty that surrounds us daily. The gentle swaying of the big green trees, the delightful velvet like feel of the baby daisies, and the soft chirps of the cricket in the evening.

I pray that you will take time to enjoy these things today-- and that you will have the love of God afresh in your heart.

<3 I love you always my friend; and wish to visit you as soon as I can have at least a couple days off. :)

xo