Thursday, June 12, 2014

Camping Ideas

The air is warm and full of those sweet smells. Especially at night. The dew is tickling the blades of grass and the stars are especially brilliant. These are the best days for camping! I guess I'm not into the whole 'go out into some desolate patch of land, find the most tick and mosquito infested forest and pitch a tent' sort of thing. But out here in the country, just on the edge of the wilderness, going out into the lawn and throwing down a few sleeping bags works like a charm! Listening to the sounds of frogs and crickets. Sometimes the whipper-wills and the coyotes. Mmmm.... and of course the crackle of a campfire!
Which brings me to the point of this post.
I happened to see this epic video by BuzzFeed about awesome camping tricks. The one that really caught my attention was the Oreo s'more! I'll definitely be trying that the next time there's a bonfire!

Check it out... it's hardly over a minute long:



2 comments:

Court said...

LOLLLL :) :) :) So about this video...... LOL LOL LOL :) :) :)!!!

It looks like a very difficult way to go camping but that makes your experience crazy weird and fun!! LOL :) :) But it definitely does not seem convenient LOOL !!!

Love your post!! and soooo happy about all the wonderful sounds and sites of summer and cute little crickets and my favorite part I haven't quite seen yet but I was thinking of today LIGHTNING BUGS!!! I cant wait!!!!

Mary Ellen said...

Oh my I love lightning bugs!!! I saw some earlier this year, and I just wish they'd stay out more often!!!!

haha! Yeah, I was thinking some of the ideas were a bit much, but I totally want to try the s'more trick. Yummy!!