Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The 40th Annual Viennese Ball

A few months ago, on Friday the 14th of April, I went to the Viennese Ball with my friends Courtney, Robbie, Hannah and my brother Channing. It was a blast!

Serious smiles... All ready to leave for the ball.

Okay.... we have a few laughs here!


 Look at the faces on Robbie and Courtney!!! 
Someone must have cracked a good joke!! XD


We danced so much (the whole time practically) that I totally forgot about all of the delicious treats we could have tasted (like the cake.... they serve the best cake at the ball. ever.) I ran into a number of friends and acquaintances which is always a pleasurable experience.


A statue!!!

The dance floor... so elegant.

The ice sculpture was fabulous this year.

On the balcony overlooking the polka room!

We snatched a nice fella to take this picture for us! 
Unfortunately the ice sculpture didn't want to show up.

I guess Robbie decided he needed to get milked too!! LOL

Robbie, Courtney and I!

Isaac took Court, Robbie and I out to lunch at the Hot Spot on Saturday!
Saturday night we had an epic time! Courtney and Robbie were "stuck" on the windshield of my car. 
...so we threw them into the trunk and drove home. Oh dear. LOL

Us ladies discovered, while getting ready for church on Sunday, 
that we all use the same mascara!!! What are the chances?!?!?!

Here's a shot of Channing and I getting ready to go to church.

Half of the fun of going to the ball was attempting to find a suit for Channing to wear. A few days before, Hannah, Channing and I drove around Eau Claire visiting all of the used clothing stores till finally we found a nice suit that would do. Hannah altered the waist-line of the pants because they were a tad bit too tight.

Hannah and I ended up wearing my two fur coats. They used to be my Great Grandma Meyer's... and I was the lucky recipient.


Here's a picture of Court and a few days after the ball before she had to head home! Feeling tired but happy! What a great time!! So glad we went this year!!!

1 comment:

Court said...

Ahhhh yay!!! :) :) So excited to see these pictures :) That was a super fun time :) and I'm sooo glad we got to go lol I'll never forget the days and months of anticipation and then just like that it came and went!!! AWESOME!!! :):):) Thanks for the post Mary Ellen!!!!!! You are the best :):):):):)!!!!