Friday, October 4, 2013

The Violinist and His Violin

  

Welcome to tonight's broadcast of the Trombone Tribune Show! This is Mike Music and I am on air with Mr. Violinist. How are you doing tonight, Mr Violinist? 

I couldn't feel more up-beat! I'm so glad to be here!

Great! I'm going to pick up the tempo right away tonight and start off by asking you about your lovely partner, Madam Violin. Mr. Violinist. How did you and Violin meet?

The first time we met she'd lost her frog. I helped her out of politeness but it wasn't long before her golden hairs caught my eye. I was enchanted by the curves of her body and her slender neck. At first though I was constantly worried. 3/4 of the time my heart would just skip a beat.I asked her for a sign, a marker... some way to tell where I was on her page - what position was I in? She told me not to fret. It was the 1st position we'd found ourselves in that we couldn't seem to get out of. It just wasn't natural. Simple notes wouldn't do so I confessed my feelings in an overture of love!

Did you and Violin hit it off well from the beginning?

We didn't always get along so well. As I said, she wasn't in any rush to take things to the next level so it was a flat, "no strings attached", sort of relationship. This only cause problems. Once I saw the light I realized what a bowed perspective I had. During that time my violin recapitulated with a silent treatment. We both tried to get sharp and even a bit scaly at times but that didn't play out so well. We would spot-work the minor details and it led to a lot of dissonance.

So she wanted to keep it on a just friends basis?

Yes. She was content with things just as they were. The problem was that we'd find ourselves fiddling around with nothing constructive to do. I finally convinced her that we should work towards a more elegant and classical feel.

How have things been going for you two now?

After all this time we have developed a wonderful crescendo into a glorious piece together. We have discovered the key to being a dynamic team! We've regained our original state of harmony and things have been running like a song. I have mended the broken bridge, but as with any relationship there always a few little things to fine tune.

What is the most important lesson you and Violin have learned?

She gets tired of all of my theories and said I needed to just play things by ear. Sometimes I tell her that she isn't being resin-able, but dueling just isn't our forte. The major thing we learned through it all was to always end the day on a good note. 

What do your friends think of your relationship?

Now that we're through the most straining parts of our relationship we aren't simply a team, but things are really sound between us. Our friends say we're inseparable, a match made in heaven! I think they've pegged us right! Now when ever we are out of touch it just breaks me up beyond measure. Her high-pitched voice is music to my ears. 

Give Violin my best regards and let her know that we missed having her on the show!

Yes! She wishes she could be here tonight but we might have a big performance tomorrow and she thought it'd be best for her to rest in case.

Thanks for listening, folks! Join me next week as I talk with Jazzy Jones and the JazzMen!!!  


No comments: