Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Acrylic Paintings

Brittany's church has a lady's conference and at that conference there will be different venders with things to sell. Brittany is going to be there and will have a table set up with paintings for sale. She told me that I was welcome to send some artwork along to try to sell as well if I wanted. I took her up on her offer and painted a picture of apple blossoms yesterday with acrylic paints.


I decided to do one more before Brittany left today, and due to the shortage of time I invited her to help me paint it. It turned out to be really fun to paint the same picture at the same time! Luckily she's left handed and I'm right handed so each took a half of the picture and started working away. I'd already done most of the blue sky and lake. Brittany did the shore line & reflection on the left side and I did the shoreline & reflection on the right. She did the mountains and their reflection. I did the clouds on the top, and Brittany painted their reflection. We did it in about an hour's time! It was quite an enjoyable way to spend time together! ...and very efficient too! :)





I also did a few quick paintings on some blank cards.  Not exactly stupendous, but it was fun nonetheless. I think I'll do some more soon just for kicks. :)




2 comments:

Court said...

I really like your notecard pictures those are really a cute!!!!:) looks wonderful!! :)

Mary Ellen said...

Ah, thanks Courtney!!! =D They were fun to make!!! I'll have to send you one sometime! ;)