Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Just Beecause.

I am currently sitting at my Grammy's house. Swollen and covered in hives (hives are a rash caused by allergic reaction or stress).
I was driving down the road yesterday afternoon to go to my sister's house when a bee flew in though my car window and stung be on my back... the left side... near my heart.
I have always been allergic to bees but I haven't had a sting in a while and I don't think I've ever been affected this badly. It only took 5 minutes or so before the bee sting started to affect me. A cold bath and benadryl didn't seem to be slowing things down so my sister ended up driving me to Urgent Care. There were a few times when my throat started to seize. That was pretty freaky and I almost decided to go to the ER.
Once at the Urgent Care they gave me an EpiPen and a saline IV. I was shivering/shaking from the shock, medication and the room temperature IV pulsing through my bloodstream.  It was pretty crazy.
So here I sit. Trying to recover and stay comfortable. It's pretty tricky...
I'm just thankful that I was so close to my sister's house and in town close to Urgent Care or the hospital.
On the bright side I get to spend time with my Grammy, stay in an air conditioned house and I get a few days off from milking cows/work. I'm hoping recovery goes quickly because there are lots of things to be done.
Oh well... life is like a box of chocolates: You never know what you're gonna get.

No comments: