Monday, January 30, 2017

Two Weeks Notice

In the course of a month the my little world has turned and twisted down new roads and towards new goals. As you know, on the first of the month, Jeff and I started courting. Then during the middle of the month I put in my two weeks notice at my job. I'd almost quit a month before and the boss talked me into staying, but the split shifts, near 100 miles of driving a day and 2 hour commute had started taking it's toll. After a year and 3 months, and lots of experiences and lessons learn, I was facing vehicle issues that were so bad I wasn't sure if I'd make it to work. So quit instead of get fired seemed like a wise idea. With the added bonus that it was time to try a different career besides milking cows and put a different skill on my resume. The day after I put in my TWN I found a car on Craigslist, was able to pay for it in cash (a new experience for me... and exciting to try doing things the "Dave Ramsey way).

Now I'm about to head off for the first day of CNA class. I've been offered a job as a CNA, provided I pass the class. I have a lot of work cut out for myself but I'm excited for this new adventure and I know God will give me the strength, courage and brains to tackle this changing world I face.

Hope you all are having a blessed Monday. Let's keep God in the forefront of our thoughts week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a little unsettling how quickly life can change? I try to remember that when I'm feeling stuck in a rut. I'm praying for your new season of life!