Thursday, September 22, 2016

First Day of Fall

For a minute I thought it was October already. Yesterday I thought it was Tuesday all day, when it was Wednesday. It seems that time is just a blur lately. The weekends have been busy, between extra farm work and events with friends. The week days are a constant attempt to get a step ahead, while it feels like it ends up being two steps back.

Vehicles are numerous at my house, but the ones that are derivable are scarce. The guys are working hard to restore some of them, but it takes time to make repairs on vehicles.

We finally received our first milk check from the plant that we ship milk to. It's a start, but we have to take this opportunity to continue working extra hard to get our finances and business running smoothly.

Fall begins today. The signs are already all over the countryside. The corn stalks are drying, the soybean leaves are turning gold and the early trees are changing colors. I've celebrated by baking a pie. Apple pie, of course. And I did have one pumpkin spice latte already. They're okay.... I think it's the thoughts of happiness you get that taste better than the actual drink. However, Culver's pumkin cheesecake concrete mixer is truly amazing.

It's political seasons, as well. Oddly, we've noticed that campaign signs are few and far between. At least around here. These candidates are extreme enough to get everyone to voice their opinions, but not their support. Oh, America... what are we doing?

Anyway, it's a new day. There's always hope for the future. Even if winter is on it's way and the government is crazy. At least we're getting paid for milking our cows now! :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't feel like fall here yet, it's still in the 90s! I can't wait for cooler weather so I can bring the little ones outside for hours. :) I wish we could make an apple pie together and chat.

Mary Ellen said...

Hello my dear friend!
I'm quite jealous that you're still experiencing Summer. Contrary to most people here in WI, I'm a warm weather person and though I love the fall colors, the cold is not very fun. I wish we could make pie together, too! Maybe one of these days we will have the pleasure!