Sunday, February 20, 2011

Winter

After about a week of warm weather that melted most of our snow, today we are stuck at home (they are closing some roads and advising people to not travel). Unfortunately my Aunt, Uncle and cousins were on the way home from church and a truck pulled into the middle of the road, as they were coming down a hill, and they ran into it head-on and ended up in the ditch! Thank goodness nobody got hurt. 
We had already planned to miss church yesterday because my dad figured the conditions would not be fitting for driving.  ..and he was very right!
There is never a day where my Dad or someone in the house does not know what the temperature is or what the weather is supposed to be like. On the farm we have to know these things. 
So today it's windy, warm enough to make the roads slippery and wet/icy, and we are to expect somewhere around 16 inches! 
I think this was just to remind the few that are already hopeful for Spring (like me) that Winter still has two more months to go!
I am looking forward to some nicer weather, but winter isn't so bad... I guess. hehe

2 comments:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

Wow! What a story! I'm so glad that your relatives are all okay after that slushy incident! The weather has been quite interesting here as well.. Rain, rain, little snow, rain, rain etc; I took a walk in it today, and it was actually enjoyable. ;) Don't fret.. Spring will come but if we get a lot more snow.. We can enjoy the last of winter's jubilant times!

Mary Ellen said...

You took a walk?!?!?! I hope you had a cute umbrella. ;) hehe jk
I know... Spring will come eventually but sometimes I find myself getting quite impatient to start planting gardens and growing flowers. ;)